General Application Information
- Please submit application payment directly to the OUAC Centre, not Western University.
- It is an applicant's responsibility to ensure all required documentation is submitted in the format requested.
- We do not evaluate individual email inquiries.
- An application is not considered until ALL required application documentation is received by the deadlines stated below.
- We ask each applicant to apply and submit ALL required documentation at least six (6) months prior to the term he/she wishes to be considered for. There is no guarantee for consideration to the term applied for, if documentation is received after the stated deadline. In such cases the application will be considered for the next available term.
- Please review the application checklist prior to application submission .
- While there is no actual deadline to submit an application, it is strongly advisable each applicant follow the recommended deadlines stated below.
- We cannot guarantee consideration of a file in which electronic application and/or documentation is submitted after recommended deadlines listed below.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we request each applicant to refrain from contacting us regarding the status. Each applicant will be notified in due course, regarding feedback about his/her application.
- Due to university privacy issues, individual feedback regarding the status is not discussed by telephone and therefore we do not return long distance telephone calls.
- An applicant is encouraged to view our research areas and make contact with faculty members with whom they wish to do their research.
- Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- In order to gain admission, a faculty member must be willing to offer a position in his/her research group.
- If an applicant is not able to obtain admission for his/her intended term, his/her file will be kept active for the following two (2) terms, provided: (a) the English proficiency test has not expired; and (b) if an applicant completes his/her degree during this time, we receive final transcripts (showing final grades obtained) and proof of diploma.
- All documentation submitted becomes the property of The University of Western Ontario, and will NOT be returned.
Recommended Deadline Dates
|Canadian/PR||November 1st||March 1st||July 1st|
|International||June 1st||October 1st||February 1st|
Application Documentation should be forwarded to:
Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Spencer Engineering Building
The University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5B9
Also from this web page:
MME Graduate Office
Spencer Engineering Building, Room 3002A